Author Topic: Mesa Az Engine/Trans Assy  (Read 1571 times)

Offline blackheart

• EH Rider XXXX
  • 0307, Feb 2011, trans, oil cooler, pump drive,bron
Mesa Az Engine/Trans Assy
« on: January 13, 2018, 06:49:05 am »
Anyone here know where the engine assy went which was on Ebay from Mesa Az?  S/N 00206 if I recall.  I tried buying this but he quit communication with me.
S/N 0307, 14th X assembled factory demonstrator

Offline Berlin Bob

• EH Rider XXXX
Re: Mesa Az Engine/Trans Assy
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 05:46:19 am »
He probably sold it to someone else ... I'll give him a budge if ya want me to, I have bought stuff off of him already     rcsandruck@msn.com 
 berlin bob

Offline blackheart

• EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 11:14:48 am »
Well offered him within $50 of asking price and had it bought but had to arrange shipping.  Then everything got silent.   I suspected he was holding his own auction.  My engine will have to come apart as there is some noise on start up in addition to heavy amounts of metallic debris in filter.  Thus the interest in the purchase.

Offline Steve Koebele

• EH Rider X
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 02:06:38 pm »
Hello Gentleman,

I still have the drive train available and Rich has my home number so please get in touch if still interested. I believe we last spoke just before the holidays when you were going to research shipping and of course the holidays hit.

Still have time if you want it, just be aware that we would have to wrap it up before the end of March. Overseas for a bit after that.       Steve Koebele

Offline Berlin Bob

• EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 05:51:36 pm »
I think it is great we all communicate on this board ...  awsome  you guys....

berlin  bob

Offline Steve Koebele

• EH Rider X
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 08:21:56 pm »
If anyone is still interested in this drivetrain they can contact me @ 480-745-9689 cell or 480-9125501 or steven.koebele@gmail.com anytime. It is Vin Number 204.

I will repost it on Ebay shortly, and if nothing comes of that, I will either think about breaking it down or put her back in storage.

And yes, that is Vin number 204's frame listed on Ebay as well. Both pieces are showroom display, in as new condition.

Thanks,

Steve Koebele

Offline blackheart

• EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 08:21:21 pm »
As a follow up I did end up picking this drive train up from Steve.  He did a fine job of crating and drlivered to an ODFL depot where i shipped depot to depot.  I fired up the #307 I have and was reminded I needed this engine as i can hear a knock for certain.  Ill have to tear down and diagnose what was wrong while swapping.  I guess i could have gone through it but with the lack of parts available i felt the spare was the better way to go.  Plus a good low expansion stock piston is superior to a 2618 forging in terms of longevity.  Ill be sure and post whats up on #307 when I open it up

Offline Jumper

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 07:53:18 pm »
I got S/N 336 a few years back... Had Bobby's red motor mounts on it... It had a "Clunk" when I spun it over. Those mounts did some big time damage on a few X's...
Jumper