Author Topic: 99 Super X  (Read 174 times)

Offline franknsr

• EH Rider XXXX
99 Super X
« on: May 17, 2019, 09:42:36 pm »
99 Super X

Well this is tough but the time has come when I have to part with my X. Just in time for someone to make the trip out to Sturgis for the 20th Anniversary.

Ive owned the bike for about 6 years, it has just over 35,000 miles, has saddlebags and non OE windshield, luggage rack, have passenger seat and a few spares. Trans and rear wheel upgrade done by former owner, have receipts for those. Asking $5000.

Here are the details; Recent Michelin Commander tires with probably less thank 500 miles on them. Typical corrosion on the upper fork clamp and lower rockers. There is some paint missing and corrosion on the rear fender tip. Installed a new stator 2 seasons ago along with an upgraded Shindengen SH775BA regulator which will allow the stator to run cooler and increase its life. More info here;
http://www.ehforums.com/ehwebsite/forums/index.php?topic=856.0

The windshield is a National Cycle with brackets that I made. Sportster style cylinder lock and key replaces the original lock and tumbler that were missing when I bought the bike.  I bought the bike from the original owner who did the upgrades and did some mild customization including thew luggage rack, shift lever, polished the right side case cover, farkeled up the bags, and most important, set up the case guard to have oil running through it to help cool the engine. The bike has never puked oil for me and I think this has something to do with it.
Have a couple other items like the crate end, poster and a custom air cleaner that will go with the bike.

More Information