Author Topic: Left Hand Controls  (Read 126 times)

Offline rt66john

• EH Rider XXXX
Left Hand Controls
« on: July 15, 2019, 02:13:55 pm »
Does anyone have the left hand control harness I could buy?  Mine decided it was time to let the smoke out of the wires and burned the ground wire all the way from the connector under the tank to the housing on the handlebar.

For clarity, I am looking for the control harness for the horn, high/lo beam, and turn signal switches.

Marty doesn't have any.  She repairs them as they fail.

TIA

Offline franknsr

• EH Rider XXXX
Re: Left Hand Controls
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 08:02:39 pm »
Well, there are some right sides floating around out there. One on ebay right now. Maybe you can use the harness and solder it on to your existing left control? Not sure if the connector is the same left to right, but you can move that too.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 08:14:21 pm by franknsr »

Offline rt66john

• EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 01:27:40 pm »
I actually found that the left side control switch housing from some Kawasaki Vulcan models look exactly the same as the EH units.  I bought one from eBay, then got the proper connectors and pins so I could change the pinout from Kawi to EH.  I should be completing this project in the next couple of weeks.

I found a wire in the main harness that had burned through the insulation in one small spot.  That's been repaired.

I am also going to add an auxiliary ground in the headlight harness.  I'll post pics when I'm done with the whole thing.

Offline wytfut

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 06:04:00 am »
You finding the Kawasaki to work reminded me, that the second series Indians also had our controllers, but are chrome.
That series also had our tail light lenses.

This series is between the Gilmore bikes and Polaris.

John let us know how it works out for you.
Bruce
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator

Offline rt66john

• EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 04:10:56 pm »
Well....working is another matter.  :)

The housing itself is a dead ringer and it'll fit on the handlebar.  What's not going to be so easy is rewiring it.  The wiring is a bit different in the Kawi harness.  I'm also going a bit slower because at least one or two wire colors listed on the EH wiring schematic don't match the colors on my bike.  It looks likely I'll end up just looking at the old burned up wiring to try to match the pins in the Kawi unit.