Author Topic: meeses to pieces...  (Read 592 times)

Offline wytfut

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
meeses to pieces...
« on: December 23, 2013, 01:00:38 pm »
to cold to out in the shop... plus I'm supposed to be slowing down for a little bit....

Have had this topic on my mind every winter...

All of us cold weather folks, I'm sure encounter this to some degree. Mice....

Around here the population is in direct contrast of the weather and the crops (my house has field on it 3 sides).  This year is proving out to be a hi population year, of all the types of mice we have around these parts. Mice populations have been down for close to 10 years now... but huge comeback this year.

In the past and current home remedies.... :
    Real Vanilla on a saucer.... as long as there's vanilla, you're good to go, and they'll be dead within hours.
    Coca Cola on a saucer.....   same as vanilla
    Dryer sheets.... actually didn't have a lotta luck with these..... 

Over all the best luck I've had is moth balls.... really don't like using them, as they do stink, but
they also work pretty darned good. This product will not kill them, as its just a repellent, that works pretty good.

Lots of products out there for mice. .... poison, mice takes a hike someplace impossible to get into, and smells up the place for a week or so.
Sonic.... may work for a bit.
Traps work good if you are diligent on keeping them up.
Cats works great.... but they also like to get into stuff they shouldn't, and being I'm out in the country, strays show up. Plus my Great Dane thinks all cats are fluff toys to throw around...   
    Neighbor is into caddilacs... uses a product that was made for the air force. Very hard to find, and works great if your shop doesn't have much foot traffic.

Everyone here I'm sure has their own favorite method.... lemme know.... maybe I'll find a new one to try....

Bruce
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator

Offline Jumper

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
Re: meeses to pieces...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:46:02 pm »
HMMM....  A Shot gun might work.... May chip the paint a bit though... Snakes are hi ber nate ing... A hungry cat would work if the Horse would leave them alone... Gee Bruce... Thinking about it... Maybe leave that big pony of yours out there...
How much food does that thing eat anyway??!! A couple of truckloads a year??!! hehehe..

Jumper ::)

Offline wytfut

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 07:59:44 am »
Hee hee hee
Dozer thinks he's. Mouser..
I believe most mice die of fright though once they see him.
It gets comical to watch... As he isnt graceful at all.. Anybody or thing in the way, is secondary..... Parts pieces flying every where.
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator

Offline franknsr

• EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 05:52:27 pm »
Hey Bruce, If you'd just park the X in the living room where it belongs you wouldn't have to worry about mice.

Offline wytfut

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 08:37:18 am »
Well if I wasn't married or didn't care if I was married... That'd be a simple solution.

Love that lil gal to death
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator

Offline deadwoodsp

• EH Rider XX
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 02:05:43 pm »
Bruce lots of BBQ sauce!!!! ;)

Offline Jumper

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 09:38:42 pm »
I'm liking Franknsr's idea... Put it in the House!! Just remove the Mices before you do...
Dozer could use it as a head rest... Geez that's a big ass dog...
Jumper

;)

Offline wytfut

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 08:02:32 am »
Lol!!!!
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator