Author Topic: STOLEN TODAY - # 263  (Read 3482 times)

Offline sdhow

• EH Rider XXX
STOLEN TODAY - # 263
« on: November 04, 2014, 02:32:21 pm »
 >:(OK...so last month they stole all my clothing in Atlanta, now I have an entire bike stolen from a locked and video-secured storage facility less than a mile from my house!  This is the FOURTH time I've been burgalarized (house, rental car, personal car and storage unit) in four months.

The bike was safe and sound yesterday morning at 9 AM.  I got a call at 7 AM this morning saying two high security locks were cut off the door and the unit had been opened.  The bike and a number of other parts and tools were missing.  I highly suspect I was targeted by another tennant and the bike is still on site at the storage facility, as none of the video is coming up with evidence of the bike or a compatible vehicle/trailer leaving the gate.  Nonetheless, we ride rare bikes and I think this dumb ass thought he was stealing a Harley.  Please watch ALL online avenues for fencing bikes or parts.  If anything looks suspicious, DON"T CONTACT them, please email me IMMEDIATELY!

Offline 2CoolWheels

• EH Fanatic
  • EH Rider XXXX
Re: STOLEN TODAY - # 263
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 03:10:56 pm »
You're in California, right? What part of Cal, I'll keep an eye out on CL, eBay, etc.

Offline wytfut

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 05:52:36 pm »
Sd
what's with your luck.... oh my...
ill keep my eyes open...
and you keep us up to speed too...
good luck!!
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator

Offline franknsr

• EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 06:12:00 pm »
Jeez dude, there's some bad mojo right there. Still looking of the vest, will keep watching for the bike. Let us know if you find the guy before the cops do.

Offline sdhow

• EH Rider XXX
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 05:47:22 pm »
UPDATE:  42 months later...

Went to my mailbox on Saturday and found a letter from the Livermore (CA) P.D. regarding recovered stolen property.  Yep...after over 3 1/2 years, it was found in a raid of a known meth seller and fence about 6 miles from where I now work.  So I spend hours down at the police dept. getting the release paperwork, then go to the tow yard to find out what I even have left of a motorcycle.  Then I get bent over by the tow company (I should have asked the girl at the city for a "rape and sodomy" permit, as they obviously hand those out to the tow truck operators) to the tune of nearly $800 for the return of my own property.  (See first two pics from two days before the theft)

...next post

Offline sdhow

• EH Rider XXX
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 05:49:58 pm »
Let's just say...it wasn't good. These hacks had damaged nearly everything they touched.  The fuel pump crapped out right away, so I guess the engine might run with a new one installed.  I'm thinking parts recovery; financially, it would be hard to justify repairing it.

Offline franknsr

• EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 06:38:21 pm »
Man that sucks. Can't imagine what its like dealing with this. Any chance of saving it? Hate to think of another X disappearing into parts.

Offline Jumper

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 07:38:11 pm »
Sean... Probably could re-coop some of your loss by parting it out? Did Insurance pay for anything? Do you have to pay them back? Can you sue the Meth Head for millions of $$$ since that was an irreplaceable Super X??!! I'd try to **** the Guy royally and let him rot in jail... Or is he already out and stealing again??!!
Jumper

Offline sdhow

• EH Rider XXX
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 01:11:56 pm »
The local agency that recovered it isn't being very cooperative with information.  The bike itself wasn't registered or insured...this was that bike from SF that i tried to "save" because it was parked outside, next to the Bay, across the street from what was Candlestick Park.

The original plan was to get it running and ridable over the winter of 2014-15 and ready for shipment home to MN prior to May graduation, for Dan and Hayden to refirb...it really wasn't that bad. I had buffed out the paint and polished most of the chrome (except for the small stuff that was peeling or bubbled) and it looked really nice from 4 or 5 feet away.  Not anymore.

I don't know. I threw a cover over it for now; it pisses me off every time I see it.

Offline wytfut

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 05:55:17 pm »
Ugh.... Full of catch 22s
Sad sad story...
Hopefully something we can all learn from it
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator