Author Topic: and so it continues  (Read 211 times)

Offline wytfut

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
and so it continues
« on: January 29, 2020, 02:10:13 pm »
Hi all.....
just want everyone to be up to speed, and not fearing the rumor mills....   I'm leaving this position, as monitor of this forum site.
I'm not leaving all mad and upset... quite the contrary.... I'm going to probably miss it.... I got volunteered when this site first went up, and have been with it ever since.
I shared my responsibility with the late great Jumper (Gary Houk) and Jamie Jones. As we all know, Jumper past away on us suddenly about a year ago. And Jamie although is still an official monitor, pretty much left it up to me to keep an eye on stuff here. Anything reallly tough come up, I'd forward on to Jamie....
it all worked out quite well. ....    99.99% of the folks posting here are reasonable folks, and are usually in it for the same reason.... keep these bikes running.
I decided to get out, knowing that I was going to fully retire this past Xmas from career world. I believed to get out before I was unwanted. And things have to change up, to keep it fresh and new.

Our new guys sitting at the head of the table will be Greg Cifu (donkey hoti) out of Calilfornia. He has the sickness bad. And will be more than eager to help everyone, anyone out. He also helped what there was to salvage of the old Yahoo sites (resource board, etc.). Greg will be also retiring this coming spring, so....  he'll even get more time to devote to this if required.

My only concern thru this whole time has been the lack of traffic on this site. Most of the folks that visit here, are Brand Spanking New Owners, or regulars in the community that DON'T do facebook.  And of course that is all welcome.
But occasionally on facebook I'll see newbies asking about issues with their bikes. Sometimes they are helped well, sometimes not at all, and sometimes given the wrong information (our rumor mill is a hard battle Greg).....
I hope to see more folks on facebook sweeping the technical stuff over to here . We have a nice brain trust here that works well. Might as well share it with others.

I'll not be going anywhere.... I like this site, so I'll  helping out time to time, or just goofing around. I'd like to see everyone give Greg full support.... hes very enthusiastic, and I'm hoping that will help to get more traffic over here....

take care all....  it was an honor to say I was part of this.... truly, I mean that

Bruce Whitefoot
FlatlandersupportingXworld
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:10:12 am by wytfut »
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator

Offline Donkey Hotey

• Bike Hoarder
  • EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
    • 2000 Excelsior Henderson 1525
Re: and so it continues
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 11:16:49 pm »
Hey, I only took this job because you said I'd get first shot at all the super-secret garage sale listings. I don't see anything different. I think you made that up just to get me to take the position!  ;D

Nothing should be any different except that I have to be the one to usher out the scammers and spammers when they post. It's been 20 years with the community and it's time I pick up a shovel and share in the work.

Thank you to Bruce for all the years you've been the patient moderator and cheerleader here.

A toast to the past 20 years with our Excelsior-Hendersons and may the next 20 be just as interesting.
Greg
1525 since 2000 (Molly)
1989 since 2012 (Jennie)
0333 since 2015 (Beulah)
1663 since 2017 (Deadwood)
0738 since 2018 (Babe)
1940 since 2019 (Sinclair)

Offline Berlin Bob

• EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 06:20:36 am »
Thank yee Bruce... you will be missed  more than ya think !!!

Offline franknsr

• EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 04:13:05 pm »
Hey Bruce, thanks for everything you did here, it was definitely noticed and appreciated more than you know.
Also, I'm sorry you are under the impression that you can just quit. This group is like the Hotel California; you can check out anytime you'd like, but you can never leave.  ;)

Greg, your room is ready sir.  ;D

Offline wytfut

• EH Rider X Moderator
  • EH Rider XXXX
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 02:34:05 pm »
Greg, Bob, and Frank....
thanx for the kind words....
and giving me a chuckle...
most appreciated..... 

life is all about the chuckles....
Bruce